IRON Melts 100mg 50tabs
- Rewards Points ?
IRON MELTS is a pleasant tasting iron and vitamin supplement which literally melts in your mouth. Iron is an important trace mineral that is found in every cell of the body. However, iron deficiency is a very common nutritional deficiency worldwide, especially in women. Iron supplements are often required by many – both men and women - to assist in raising iron levels. IRON MELTS help to establish iron levels back to normal and therefore avoid symptoms associated with iron deficiency.. IRON MELTS also contain other vitamins that may be lacking in some people’s diet and are important for general well being.
One of the main causes of low iron stores is insufficient iron in the diet. We all must ensure that we have enough iron in our diet; however, vegetarians are at a greater risk, as the best food source of easily absorbed iron is animal products, in particular red meats. Children may also suffer low iron stores due to a lack of dietary supply. Chronic blood loss can also cause low iron stores. Women are more likely to suffer from low iron stores because of blood loss each month through menstruation. Women with heavy monthly periods can lose a significant amount of iron.
HOW LONG DO IRON MELTS TAKE TO WORK?
The iron and vitamins in IRON MELTS are absorbed after the very first dose, however, the length of time it takes for iron levels to normalise and any symptoms of iron deficiency to resolve may vary between people.
Each IRON MELTS chewable tablet contains:
- Ferrous fumarate 15.2 mg (equivalent to 5 mg elemental iron) - Iron is required for the formation of a special protein in the red blood cells called haemoglobin. Haemoglobin carries oxygen to all the tissues of the body. If iron levels go down, a medical condition known as anaemia can result. Anaemia is a decrease in the amount of haemoglobin that transports the oxygen around the body. Iron is also part of another protein called myoglobin. Myoglobin helps muscle cells store oxygen. So, without enough iron, the body's fuel cannot be properly maintained. An anaemic person may tire easily, feel dizzy, have pale skin colour, be irritable and may experience headaches.
- Some foods and medicines can also decrease iron absorption.
- Folic acid 250 mcg - Folic acid is needed to make and maintain new cells, which is especially important during pregnancy and periods of growth during childhood. Folic acid is necessary in the production of DNA and RNA - the building blocks of cells. Adults and children need folate to make normal red blood cells and prevent anaemia. Folic acid is unstable when in contact with heat, air, water and alkali and is destroyed easily by cooking.
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) 10 mcg - Cyanocobalamin helps maintain healthy nerve cells and red blood cells, and is also needed to make DNA. Vitamin B12 cannot function without folic acid.
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 50 mg - Vitamin C helps to increase the absorption of iron from the gastrointestinal tract into blood.
Chew one IRON MELTS tablet daily.
The tablet will dissolve (melt) in your mouth.
Always read the label before use
- Use only as directed
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about IRON MELTS.
- Vitamins can only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate
- Not recommended for Children under 4 years old
DELIVERY FEES FOR NZ
FREE for orders $50 and over. Orders under value of $50 (including any promotional code used) incurs a shipping fee of $6 nationwide.
For most areas orders are shipped overnight on business days, but may take up to 3 business days from the day it was fulfilled. In some remote areas delivery can take up to 10 business days. Delays can be expected due to the overwhelming demand for courier services during COVID-19, so deliveries can take more time than usual.
We aim to fulfill the order as soon as we receive it on the same business day during opening hours, once the order is fulfilled in store you will receive a notification.
We want to make sure your product gets to you safe and sound, so by default we require a signature on all of our deliveries. If you prefer not to, please add in any other instructions in the cart notes during checkout.
We accept returns of unused, unopened and undamaged items in original condition and the product is eligible for return within 30 days of purchase. Some items may not be eligible for a return, please refer to our excluded items list below or contact us if unsure.