ELEVIT with Iodine Pregnancy Supplement 30tabs
- Rewards Points ?
Elevit with Iodine is a once-daily vitamin and mineral supplement for pregnancy. It is specially formulated to meet the needs of women who are trying to conceive or are pregnant and provide baby with the best possible nutritional support. It contains 800mcg folic acid, shown to reduce neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Elevit is clinically proven to reduce the risk of neural tube defects like spina bifida by 92%.1 It also contains iron to help prevent iron deficiency and iodine to assist in the development of baby’s brain.
Elevit with Iodine contains the highest levels of iron, folic acid and iodine in combination than any other pregnancy multivitamin available in New Zealand.
It also contains a range of ingredients to help meet your changed nutritional requirements throughout conception and pregnancy.
1. Czeizel AE Paed Drugs (2000)2(6). Elevit with lodine formulation is similar to that used in this study except that it contains iodine and not vitamin A.
It's best to take Elevit with Iodine when you first start planning to have a baby, and then continue throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding.
If you're pregnant, Elevit with Iodine can help! The unique formulation of Elevit with Iodine contains 800mcg of folic acid, ten other vitamins and eight trace elements, including iron and iodine. The high iron content can help prevent dietary iron deficiency (all too common when you're pregnant).
After a baby is born it also makes sense to take Elevit with Iodine. You may have lost a lot of iron during the birth process and it's important for your health to have adequate nutrition levels after pregnancy. If you're breastfeeding, you're also likely to feel like a machine! On average a woman breastfeeding will be making between 700-900mL of milk a day!3That means you'll need extra nutrients to cope with the demand.
Elevit with Iodine
Many multivitamin pregnancy supplements make claims but Elevit with Iodine is specially formulated to meet the needs of women who are trying to conceive, pregnant or breastfeeding and provide baby with the best possible nutritional support. It contains 800mcg folic acid, shown to reduce neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Elevit is clinically proven to reduce the risk of neural tube defects like spina bifida by 92%.1 It also contains iron to help prevent iron deficiency and iodine to assist in the development of baby’s brain.
Elevit with Iodine assists in meeting essential iodine needs
- Iodine deficiency is the most common preventable cause of intellectual impairment 6,7
- Iodine supplementation from the first trimester improves children’s psychomotor development 9
The role of iodine
- Iodine is an essential nutrient for growth and normal development of the brain.
- Iodine intake is particularly important for pregnant women and children.5
Speak to your doctor about taking Elevit with Iodine if you have any pre-existing medical conditions.
Elevit with Iodine Ingredients
|Vitamin B1||1.55 mg|
|Vitamin B2||1.8 mg|
|Vitamin B3||19 mg|
|Vitamin B5||10 mg|
|Vitamin B6||2.6 mg|
|Vitamin B12||4.0 µg|
|Vitamin C||100 mg|
|Vitamin D3||12.5 µg|
|Vitamin E||15 mg|
|Vitamin H||200 µg|
|Folic Acid||800 µg|
Ministry of Health recommends 800mcg folic acid, 220mcg iodine and 27mg iron daily during pregnancy
Only Elevit with Iodine contains a range of essential nutrients, as recommended by the Ministry of Health and is clinically proven to reduce neural tube defects by 92%1
How to take Elevit with Iodine: Take one tablet daily, or as directed by your Healthcare Professional. Take Elevit with Iodine if possible for at least one month before pregnancy, throughout pregnancy and the breast-feeding period. Please read the enclosed leaflet.Warnings:
Do not take Elevit with Iodine if:
1. you have had an allergic reaction to Elevit with Iodine, or any of the Ingredients in Elevit with Iodine. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include swelling, itching, rash or breathing difficulties.
2. you have kidney disease
3. you have excessive amounts of vitamin D, calcium or iron in your blood
4. your body cannot process copper or large amounts of iron
5. the package is torn or shows signs of tampering
6. the expiry date printed on the pack has passed. If you take this medicine after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well. If you are not sure if you should be taking ELEVIT with IODINE, talk to your pharmacist, midwife or doctor. Do not give Elevit with Iodine to children. Elevit with Iodine is only for women who are trying to become pregnant, and those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Please talk to your healthcare professional if you have any concerns prior to use.
DELIVERY FEES FOR NZ
FREE for orders $50 and over. Orders under value of $50 (including any promotional code used) incurs a shipping fee of $6 nationwide.
For most areas orders are shipped overnight on business days, but may take up to 3 business days from the day it was fulfilled. In some remote areas delivery can take up to 10 business days.
We aim to fulfill the order as soon as we receive it on the same business day during opening hours, once the order is fulfilled in store you will receive a notification.
We want to make sure your product gets to you safe and sound, so, we require a signature on all of our deliveries.
We accept returns of unused, unopened and undamaged items in original condition and the product is eligible for return within 30 days of purchase. Some items may not be eligible for a return, please refer to our excluded items list below or contact us if unsure.